Research Committee members can access committee papers from their campus desktop through the Shared V: drive Research Committee folder
Off-campus access to committee resources is available by navigating to the RC folder (V:\University\Governance\Senate\RC) through the UoS Portal File Access (requires ID and password to login)
About Research Committee
The Research Committee advises Senate on the development, promotion and performance of research and innovation and on the assurance of the quality of the postgraduate research student experience.
Research Committee business
Research Committee considers reports and advises Senate on a range of topics, including:
- development of staff research activity and researcher development
- promotion of innovation and good practice in research
- monitoring and evaluating research initiatives
- advising Senate on the academic regulations for research degree programmes
- to recommend to Senate the establishment and disestablishment of Research Institutes
- the creation, modification and withdrawal of Research Centres
Click on the Terms of Reference and Membership to see Research Committee’s full remit.
Research Committee collaborates with:
Secretary to Research Committee
Richard Clemens, Assistant Secretary, Governance Services Unit, First Floor, 3 Acton Square, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates of Research Committee meetings 2012/2013
- 24 October 2012
- 16 January 2013
- 13 March 2013 (Cancelled)
- 12 June 2013 (R)
Research Committee dates are included in the University of Salford Almanac available to all staff.
Papers for consideration by the Committee must reach the Secretary at least two weeks in advance of the meeting at which they are to be considere.