Reports are available on the following topics:
- Annual Programme Monitoring and Enhancement (APME)
- External Examiners' Reports
- BTEC Programmes
- Periodic Programme Review and Re-Approval (PPRR)
Each year programme leaders produce individual programme reports for undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes. Summary Reports are produced by Schools and Colleges and at institutional level for collaborative provision. These summary reports forward issues for institutional consideration to Senate’s Learning, Teaching and Enhancement Committee (LTEC) which considers senior managers’ responses (endorsed by the Executive) to these issues as part of the Overview Report to LTEC. LTEC has oversight of the APME process and makes reports to Senate on the outcome of the annual process.
- Institutional APME Overview 2011/12 (pdf file)
Individual programme reports and School/College Summary reports are available from the APME central repository within Blackboard. The APME process in described in more detail in the Academic Handbook.
The Governance Services Unit prepares an annual overview report summarising issues and proposing action arising from External Examiners’ Reports for consideration by Senate’s Learning, Teaching and Enhancement Committee (LTEC).
- External Examiners overview report 2011-2012 (pdf file)
- External Examiners overview Report 2010-2011 (pdf file)
- External Examiners Overview Report 2009-2010 (pdf file)
- External Examiners Overview Report 2008-2009 (pdf file)
- External Examiners Overview Report 2007-2008 (pdf file)
Previous reports (prepared by the former Academic Quality and Standards Unit) are also available:
- 2006-2007 External Examiners Overview (pdf file)
- 2005-2006 External Examiners Overview (pdf file)
- 2004-2005 External Examiners Overview (pdf file)
This annual Institutional Review Report (IRR) is a return made to Edexcel by the University relating to all BTEC programmes run as institutional awards under the Licence Agreement.
- 2011-2012 Edexcel IRR (pdf file)
- 2010-2011 Edexcel IRR (pdf file)
- 2009-2010 Edexcel IRR (pdf file)
- 2008-2009 Edexcel IRR (pdf file)
- 2007-2008 Edexcel IRR (pdf file)
- 2006-2007 Edexcel IRR (pdf file)
- 2005-2006 Edexcel IRR (pdf file)
- 2004-2005 Edexcel IRR (pdf file)
The periodic review and re-approval of programmes is a key mechanism in assuring the University, external stakeholders and students about academic standards and quality. It takes place at intervals of not more than five years and results in a decision to re-approve a programme (possibly with conditions and recommendations) or withdraw a programme. The review itself includes reflection by the programme team and School, student opinion, feedback from employers, professional bodies, external examiners, statistical information and formal updating of the programme specification.
The Governance Services Unit prepares an annual overview report which highlights good practice and innovation and makes recommendations for consideration by Senate's Academic Programmes and Partnerhsips Committee (APPC)
- Periodic Programme Review and Re-Approval Overview Report 2007/08
- Periodic Programme Review and Re-Approval Overview Report 2006/07