Academic Programmes & Partnerships Committee (APPC)
Proposal Form for Non-Standard Fees:
Following approval from CPPARC, any new programme which proposes a non-standard fee would require approval from the Fees Sub Group. In addition to this, any changes to existing fees, ie from one point on the scale to another, must also be approved by the Fees Sub Group by way of making a case on the template. The completed Proposal Form for Non Standard Fees should be sent to Amanda Layne, Head of Fees and Awards, Student Information Directorate (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please read the information here before completing your form.
APPC members can access committee papers from their campus desktop through the Shared V: drive APPC folder
Off-campus access to committee resources is available by navigating to the APPC folder (V:\University\Governance\Senate\APPC) through the UoS Portal File Access (requires ID and password to login)
The Academic Programmes and Partnerships Committee advises Senate on the maintenance of academic standards through oversight of the approval, amendment and review of taught programmes and the approval of collaborative provision leading to awards of the University. The APPC particularly advises Senate on the best development and integration of all programmes and partnerships with respect to Teaching and Learning, Research and Innovation and Academic Enterprise.
APPC considers reports and advises Senate on a range of topics, including:
- Approval of new taught programmes and amendment of existing ones - download the related policy document
- The periodic review and re-approval of taught programmes - download the related policy document
- The withdrawal of taught programmes from the University’s academic portfolio - download the related policy document
- The establishment, renewal or discontinuation of academic partnerships with other institutions or organisations - download the related policy document
- The overview of relationships with professional, statutory and regulatory bodies and other external agencies with respect to their accreditation of programmes at Salford - download the related policy document
- The development and review of academic policies and procedures which are fit for purpose in relation to all of the above, including Fitness for Professional Practice in respect of professionally licensed programmes - download the related policy document
Click on the link Terms of Reference and Membership to see APPC’s full remit
APPC collaborates with
Secretary to APPC
Annette Cooke, Governance Services Unit, First Floor, Acton Square, email: email@example.com, telephone: (0161 29) 54123
Dates of APPC meetings
- 3 October 2012
- 30 October 2012
- 7 November 2012
- 12 December 2012
- 30 January 2013
- 6 March 2013
- 17 April 2013
- 8 May 2013
- 3 July 2013
APPC dates are included in the University of Salford Almanac available to all staff.
Papers for consideration by the Committee must reach the Secretary at least two weeks in advance of the meeting at which they are to be considered.